Their Fractured Light: A Starbound Novel - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

Series:  Starbound #3

Genre:  YA, Science Fiction

Publisher:  Book-Disney Hyperion, Audio-Listening Library

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

This series has become a favorite of mine, because it has a profound message at its core…how the choices we make shape us and ultimately guide us and make us who and what; we are.

• Plot: 5/5  This third book in the Starbound Series is not just about Gideon and Sophie's story it's also the culmination of everyone's story…including Tarver and Lilac, and Flynn and Jubilee.  I loved how the six of them are all intertwined with each other.
  • Characters: 4.8/5  I think that Sophie and Gideon's character development is kind of lost in the scope of story, but only minimally.
  • The Feels: 4.5/5 Overall for this book the feels are a 5, but for Gideon and Sophie's romance…more like a 4.
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 4.8/5  At times the story gets complicated and maybe it's just me, but I'm easily confused…by the closing of the story, though, I felt like I had a handle on things.
  • Originality: 5/5  Captivating and inspirational.
  • Book Cover: 5/5  I have loved all three of these covers.
  • Sex Factor:
  • Narration: 5/5  Excellent…I'm so very happy that I chose to listen to this series, rather than reading it.  I don't think the experience would have been the same, otherwise.
  • Ending: 5/5   Cliffhanger:  No, a very fulfilling ending to this trilogy.

Will I read more from these Authors?  It’s possible…♥

A year ago, Flynn Cormac and Jubilee Chase made the now infamous Avon Broadcast, calling on the galaxy to witness for their planet, and protect them from destruction. Some say Flynn’s a madman, others whisper about conspiracies. Nobody knows the truth. A year before that, Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux were rescued from a terrible shipwreck—now, they live a public life in front of the cameras, and a secret life away from the world’s gaze.

Now, in the center of the universe on the planet of Corinth, all four are about to collide with two new players, who will bring the fight against LaRoux Industries to a head. Gideon Marchant is an eighteen-year-old computer hacker—a whiz kid and an urban warrior. He’ll climb, abseil and worm his way past the best security measures to pull off onsite hacks that others don’t dare touch.

Sofia Quinn has a killer smile, and by the time you’re done noticing it, she’s got you offering up your wallet, your car, and anything else she desires. She holds LaRoux Industries responsible for the mysterious death of her father and is out for revenge at any cost.

When a LaRoux Industries security breach interrupts Gideon and Sofia’s separate attempts to infiltrate their headquarters, they’re forced to work together to escape. Each of them has their own reason for wanting to take down LaRoux Industries, and neither trusts the other. But working together might be the best chance they have to expose the secrets LRI is so desperate to hide.

An epically intense ride is what this series is, confusing at times, but ultimately amazing.  I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys space adventures with a healthy dose of YA romance added to it.