Gambit (The Prodigy Chronicles Book 1) - C.L. Denault

Series:  The Prodigy Chronicles #1

Genre:  Dystopian, Paranormal Romance

Publisher:  REUTS Publishing

Source:  Netgalley Arc

Gambit is the name of the book…I didn't know what it meant before I read this…now I do, now I know exactly what it is…

• Plot: 5+/5  This is dystopian/paranormal-ish/romance/splash of historical/futuristic kind of read, yeah, it has all that and lots of action too.  Amazing!  You would think with so much going on that it might be hard to follow, but it's not.
  • Characters: 5+/5  Seriously, I just love them…
  • The Feels: 5/5  The romance is a slow build to something that really can't be denied.♥
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 5/5 Very well written and I think this is her debut novel.
  • Originality: 5/5  F*cking fantastic!
  • Book Cover: 5/5  Fits the book perfectly.
  • Sex Factor: None
  • Ending: 5/5   Cliffhanger:  just a "to be continued" kind of ending…I seriously can't wait for the second book.

Will I continue the series?  Yes!!!  Most definitely.

In Earth’s battle-ridden future, humans have evolved. Those with extraordinary skills rise to power and fame. Those without live in poverty.

Sixteen-year-old Willow Kent believed she was normal. But when a genetically-advanced military officer shows up in her village and questions her identity, long-buried secrets begin to emerge. With remarkable skills and a shocking genetic code the Core and its enemies will do anything to obtain, Willow suddenly finds the freedom she craves slipping through her fingers. Greed, corruption, and genetic tampering threaten every aspect of her existence as she’s thrust, unwilling, into the sophisticated culture of the elite Core city. To ensure peace, she must leave the past behind, marry a man she’s never met, and submit to the authority of a relentless officer with a hidden agenda of his own.

Her life has become a dangerous game. How much will she sacrifice in order to win?

This book blew me away, I really just loved it.  Plenty of action, well written action, at that.  The world in this book is phenomenal, it has me hooked.  It literally has a little of everything; from half invisible guardians, to crazy ex-girlfriends, and everything in between.

Others who have read this book and disliked it, may have centered this dislike on the fact that Reece and Willow's story starts out with him being abusive to her and while it was there...it was also a part of Reece's inner growth as a person. He was engineered to maim and kill, without remorse and also to protect, which for him, means that he can go about protecting someone anyway he pleases. You may or may not be able to get past this, but hopefully you can, otherwise you'd be missing out on an awesome story.

ARC of Gambit graciously provided via NETGALLEY in exchange for an honest review!