The Hook Up (Game On Book 1) - Kristen Callihan

Author:  Kristen Callihan

Series:  Game On #1

Genre:  New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Publisher:  Plain Jane Books

Source:  Kindle E-book (Library)

My Actual Cover looks like this:

See, says it right there, this is not insta-love…I think, maybe, that should be referred to as insta-lust.  Yes, they did have some insta-lust.

• Plot: 4.7/5 --I really enjoyed their instant attraction, how they couldn’t get enough of each other, but tried to tell themselves that it was just a hook up.
  • Characters: 5/5 --I really liked Drew and Anna, they were different than what I expected.  They were well developed with flaws and ideas that seem genuine.
  • The Feels: 5/5
  • Theme: 4.5/5
  • Flow: 4.7/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5 --Headless men are my favorite.  Well with a nice body anyway...
  • Sex Factor:  The sex was on fire…even though, there was almost too much of it.
  • Ending: 5/5 --Endearing epilogue, loved it.  Cliffhanger:  to be continued with Gray's story.

Will I continue the series? Yes, I've actually just finished The Friend Zone.

The rules: no kissing on the mouth, no staying the night, no telling anyone, and above all... No falling in love

Anna Jones just wants to finish college and figure out her life. Falling for star quarterback Drew Baylor is certainly not on her to do list. Confident and charming, he lives in the limelight and is way too gorgeous for his own good. If only she could ignore his heated stares and stop thinking about doing hot and dirty things with him. Easy right?

Too bad he's committed to making her break every rule...

Football has been good to Drew. It's given him recognition, two National Championships, and the Heisman. But what he really craves is sexy yet prickly Anna Jones. Her cutting humor and blatant disregard for his fame turns him on like nothing else. But there's one problem: she's shut him down. Completely.
That is until a chance encounter leads to the hottest sex of their lives, along with the possibility of something great. Unfortunately, Anna wants it to remain a hook up. Now it's up to Drew to tempt her with more: more sex, more satisfaction, more time with him. Until she's truly hooked. It's a good thing Drew knows all about winning.

The endless doubts (does he really love me, or will she ever love me…) that New Adult tends to be plagued with can be rather tedious, and while this book had its share of them, they ended right in the nick of time for me.  Otherwise, my rating would be lower for this book.  The never-ending self-doubt does, however, tend to turn me off from reading this style of book all the time, and it’s also the main reason I read so many different genres.  I like to mix them up, that way I don’t get bogged down by one particular type.