Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) - Richelle Mead

Series:  Bloodlines #5

Genre:  Paranormal Romance, Young Adult

Publisher:  Razorbill

Source: Audible Owned

Well, it's all Adrian.  He is so lovable and quirky and of course, just a little freaking crazy.

• Plot: 3.8/5 --This was a slow one, but honestly, most of the books in this series have been.  The last half picks up the pace and amps up the action.  Everything is building up to, what’s hopefully an outstanding ending...{{{fingers crossed}}}
  • Characters: 4.5/5 --Love these characters.
  • The Feels: 4/5
  • Theme: 5/5
  • Flow: 3.7/5
  • Originality: 4/5
  • Book Cover: 2/5 --This one is no better or worse than any of the others, they all pretty much suck.  This girl has one hell of a resting bitch face.
  • Sex Factor: Non-Explicit
  • Narration: 5/5 --While overall the contents of this book moved at a snail’s pace, I'm fairly certain listening on Audio saved this from being rated lower.  These narrators were spot on for both Sydney and Adrian's voices.
  • Ending: 4.5/5 --Everything is all amok now…but wow!!!♥   Cliffhanger:  Totally

Will I continue the series?  Duh…of course.

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him…

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

Re-education sounds like a serious bummer…count me out for that.  The Alchemists are some f-ed up people.

I think, for me, I feel as if these books are just a little too long, and if they were all just a little shorter, they would be 5 star reads.  Ultimately, the world of VA/Bloodlines Series has been a captivating thrill ride.