Allegiant - Aaron Stanford, Emma Galvin, Veronica Roth

Narration:  Emma Galvin & Aaron Stanford

Series:  Divergent #3

Genre:  Dystopian, Young Adult

Source:  Audible Audiobook

I think most everyone has read this book by now or has found out what happens in the end and decided not to read it.  Either way, this quote says so much…it's the kind of quote that can make you cry just thinking about it.   I'm forewarning you that some of this review could be slightly spoiler-ish.

• Plot: 3.8/5 --I wanted some more excitement, more action…and by the end…I just wanted a different outcome.  I was left feeling incomplete.
  • Characters: 5/5 --All the characters in this series are so complex with flaws and strengths that inspire.
  • The Feels: 3.5/5 --The sadness is a prevalent feeling that I felt.
  • Theme: 4/5
  • Flow: 5/5 --There were reviews that I read that said it was hard to tell the difference between Tobias and Tris, which is why I listened on Audio, and it worked beautifully.
  • Backdrop (World Building): 4/5 --You know, when I thought about what they would find outside the walls of the city, I never could have guessed it would have been what it was.  It was sort of a letdown, but interesting none the less.
  • Book Cover: 3/5 --I have to say the movie covers are better for this series, but that is because Theo James is such a hottie.
  • Sex Factor: Not really
  • Narration: 5/5 --They were perfect for the voices of Tobias and Tris.
  • Ending: 2/5 --Gah…it's so sad, and while I believe the author is brave to have this kind of ending, I really didn't like the way it played out.  And, even though, I knew it was going to happen.  I was left feeling like it wasn't really true and somehow, someone was going to say…hey, guess what…it's not true.   Cliffhanger:  The final book…so…no.

Will I read more from this Author?  I think I have read everything that she has written.  So far, at least.

Synopsis:

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend to complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

My Additional Thoughts:

Ultimately, I'm glad I finished this series, I'm hoping the two movies for this book which are called Allegiant for the first half, and Ascendant for the second half, has a different ending. Is that too much to hope for?