Until the Beginning - Amy Plum

Series:  After the End #2 of 2

Genre:  Young Adult, Paranormal Romance

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

Theme Song (My Pick):  Gaia Healing Earth's Frequency by WaveSource

…and this, he (Miles) told to the bird…(disclaimer, I may not have spelled things incorrectly in that quote, because it was taken directly from Audio…)

• Plot: 3.8/5 --Almost moves along too quickly, left me wondering what was missing.  I think it just lacked depth for me.  It dealt with deep subjects, but in an un-deep way.
  • Characters: 4/5 --The good guys are cool, funny and true to themselves.  But the bad guys were lacking, almost like they weren't all that bad, just sort of pathetic.  Seriously, Poe is my favorite character, and he's a bird**.  Coolest crow ever…
  • The Feels: 3.5/5
  • Theme: 4.5/5
  • Flow: 3.5/5
  • Backdrop (World Building): 3.3/5
  • Originality: 4/5 --I thought the titles for this duology were very clever.
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: Yes, but not explicit.  As far as YA goes…this feels more Y than A…but tries to play at being more A.
  • Narration: 4/5 --Good, but not Wow good.
  • Ending: 4.3/5 --A sweetly satisfying ending.  Maybe a little too sweet…  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I read more from this Author?  Meh.

When Juneau's clan disappeared, she lost so much more than her friends and family. She soon discovered everything she thought she knew about her life was a lie. Her people's gifts were actually secret abilities that others wanted, desperately enough to kidnap an entire village.

Juneau and her new companion Miles's cross-country journey to find her clan has led them to a game preserve in New Mexico. Now Juneau's people are finally within reach, and she will stop at nothing to save them. But she has a target on her back too, because unbeknownst to her she is the key to unlocking everything. To rescue her people - and herself - Juneau must discover what she, and her abilities, are truly capable of.

Classified as a dystopian, it only delves into actually being one.  It's more a spiritual journey for Juneau and Miles.  When you think of it that way, it's actually an all right story.  Overall, it was interesting, and even though it felt rushed, I'm ultimately glad it wasn't super long.

**I actually don't like birds, it all started when I worked 3rd shift and I would be trying to sleep and they were always chirping...I truly believe they are just rodents with wings.