Verum - Courtney Cole

You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi

…that quote reminds me of this song because it has a similar line in it.

Book Title:  Verum

Author:  Courtney Cole

Series:  Nocte #2

Genre:  New Adult, Mind-F*ck

Source:  Own Kindle E-book

• Plot: 2/5 –I can tell you that the “secrets” get even more complex in this book.  I like a good mind-f*ck kind of book, I do.  But this is pure mind-blowing-f*ckery.
  • Characters: 3/5 –Turns out there’s a reason why they are so haunted…
  • The Feels: 1/5 –I seriously cannot wrap my head around this story anymore.
  • Theme: ???
  • Flow: 2/5
  • Backdrop (World Building): 4/5
  • Book Cover: 4/5
  • Sex Factor: yes, non-explicit
  • Ending: 2/5 –The very end is like above and beyond confusing.   Cliffhanger:  AgainAgainAgain…

Will I continue the series?  No, I will not.  I tried to find a review with spoiler tag, I couldn’t find any.  I’ve now decided, and this is my theory, that it’s because, nobody can explain what happened

The truth shall set you free.

My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.

My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.

Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.

The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.

I’m entangled in the darkness.

But the truth will set me free.

It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.

Are you scared?

I am.

This book frustrated me with its total-all-out confusion thing it had going on…Ultimately, it went too far with it.  Within the first 10% of the book things were just so confusing, I really couldn't appreciate it.  Although, I’m not sure what could have happened differently for me to ultimately enjoy it.