The Opportunist - Tarryn Fisher

Narration:  Andi Arndt

Series:  Love with Lies #1

Genre:  New Adult

Source:  Own on Audible

Olivia is really f*cked up in the head, but she does at least grow as a person throughout this 7-year journey.

• Plot: 4.3/5 --This is not your typical romance, that being said it was refreshing to read something different.  Told in both the present and the past it keeps you hooked.
  • Characters: 4/5 --I can't say that I really liked these characters…but they did grow as people, slowly and painfully.  They were flawed yet ultimately compelling.  Why-oh-why did she (Tarryn Fisher) have to make the character with my name (Leah) be such a freaking medling bitch?
  • The Feels: 5/5
  • Theme: 5/5 --There is definitely a life lesson or two to be learned in this book.  This one makes you think...
  • Flow: 5/5
  • Backdrop (World Building): 4/5
  • Originality: 5/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: Yeah, not explicit though.
  • Narration: 5/5
  • Ending: 4/5 –It’s a little unresolved, (or something like that) but there are two more books yet.   Cliffhanger:  Sort of…

Will I continue the series?  Maybe!

Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.

This is the first book that I’ve read by Tarryn Fisher, except for Never Never, her collaboration with CoHo, but it won’t be my last.  This review has taken me forever to write, because I’m having a hard time articulating why I liked this book, at least, without giving away the story.