First Touch - Laurelin Page

Book Title:  First Touch

Author:  Laurelin Paige

Series:  First and Last #1 of 2

Genre:  Erotica, Mystery, Dark Romance

Source:  Kindle E-Book (Library)

The Dominant/Submissive thing this book had going on…really left me stupefied.  Which segues into…

Stupify by Disturbed

• Plot: 5/5 --Captivatingly written, with a subject matter that draws you in and doesn't let you go.  The mystery of whether Reeve is behind her friends’ disappearance.  Their pasts and their secrets, it's all ingenious.
  • Characters: 5/5 --While he is definitely not book boyfriend material, at least not for me, I was completely intrigued by Reeve's character.  Emily, is seriously f*cked up and a little deranged, but I'm completely intrigued by her also.  They really blew me away.
  • The Feels: 5/5 --I went through a gamut of emotions.
  • Flow: 5/5
  • Backdrop (World Building): 5/5
  • Originality: 5/5
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: Whoa…This has some a lot of Dom/Submissive Sexual…stuff and I don't know much about that, well I knew about it, I just…learned some new things about it and I feel more informed now concerning that.
  • Ending: 5/5 --Wow, didn't see that twist coming…  Cliffhanger:  Yeah, you could say so

Will I continue the series?  Yes, most definitely.

When Emily Wayborn receives an answerphone message from her former best friend Amber, she knows something is seriously wrong. Emily hasn't spoken to Amber in years, and when Amber uses a safe word in her message that Emily recognises -- a word they always used to get out of sticky situations during their wild partying days -- she knows Amber needs her help. But when Emily tries to find her, she discovers that Amber is missing.

Determined to track her down, Emily follows a chain of clues that lead her to enigmatic billionaire Reeve Sallis. Renowned for his shady dealings and playboy reputation, Emily is convinced that Reeve knows something about Amber's disappearance. To try and discover the truth, Emily sets out to seduce him. But when she's forced to decide where her loyalty lies, how will Emily choose between saving Amber and saving her heart?

I didn't know what I was getting myself into with this, it sort of reminded me of the Captive in the Dark, in regards to how it made me feel.  It took me out of my comfort zone…but sometimes I like that.  I don't believe it's for everybody though.  It is likened too FSOG and Bared to you, and I’ve never read those so I can’t really say if it’s like them or not.