Made For You (Audio) - Melissa Marr

Narration:  Shannon McManus, Macleod Andrews, & Samantha Quan

Series:  Stand Alone

Genre:  Mystery, Splash of Romance and Paranormal, Thriller, Young Adult

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

• Plot: 4.3/5 --A creepy psychological thriller, that plays out seamlessly…with a splash of paranormal added to it.  I like that.  It makes everything a little more alluring.
  • Characters: 4/5 --They were engaging, I just felt something was missing.
  • The Feels: 4.5/5 --I was sufficiently creeped out.
  • Theme: 4/5
  • Flow: 5/5
  • Backdrop (World Building): 4.3/5 --Small town, southern charm or something like that.
  • Book Cover: 5/5
  • Sex Factor: Yes, fornicating teen-agers…ugh.
  • Narration: 5/5 --Shannon McManus is the voice of Ava, and she does a really good job.  Macleod Andrews as the seriously disturbed killer does an excellent job and Samantha Quan as Grace is mostly okay, her parts are small though.  I like multiple narrator's…it keeps the story from getting stale.
  • Ending: 4/5 -A little rushed for me.   Cliffhanger:  No

Will I read more from this Author?  I'm not opposed to it.

When Eva Tilling wakes up in the hospital, she’s confused—who in her sleepy little North Carolina town could have hit her with their car? And why? But before she can consider the question, she finds that she’s awoken with a strange new skill: the ability to foresee people’s deaths when they touch her. While she is recovering from the hit-and-run, Nate, an old flame, reappears, and the two must traverse their rocky past as they figure out how to use Eva’s power to keep her friends—and themselves—alive. But while Eva and Nate grow closer, the killer grows increasingly frantic in his attempt to get to Eva.

For the first time, New York Times bestselling author Melissa Marr has applied her extraordinary talent to contemporary realism. Chilling twists, unrequited obsession, and high-stakes romance drive this Gothic, racy thriller—a story of small-town oppression and salvation. Melissa’s fans, and every YA reader, will find its wild ride enthralling.

I was looking for a book with a bug on the cover, for a reading challenge, and I came across this one at the library (via OverDrive) in the audiobook section, it sounded intriguing, so I downloaded it.  It was an interesting read, even know I have this issue with reading about overtly promiscuous teens running amok. Once I got past that, I was essentially impressed with the flow of the story.  Add in the creepy religious nutcase and the visions of death and you got yourself a worthwhile and entertaining story.