Bathing & the Single Girl - Christine Elise McCarthy

Book Title:  Bathing & Single Girl

Author:  Christine Elise McCarthy

Series:  Stand Alone

Genre:  Chic-Lit, Humorous

Source:  Kindle E-Book (Library)

☆My Pick for Book Theme Song:  Work Bitch by Britney Spears  --this chic just needs a job.

Ratings Breakdown

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Ending:  5/5  Cliffhanger:  No, Stand Alone

Will I read more from this Author???

Overall Rating:  3.7/5 Stars

My Thoughts

I almost dnf'd this a couple of different times.  It really seemed to lack substance and a clear picture of where it was going, and it stayed that way until the last quarter of the book, maybe less.  I only kept going because it was hilarious, seriously funny.  I also didn't want to let Emily Valentine down, she always got screwed over (It's a 90210 thing --the OG version).

Yeah, so this is by the chic that played Emily Valentine in 90210, Christine Elise McCarthy.  It's an opinionated and humorous depiction of her life, maybe, with some alterations; I'm not sure.  If you’re a staunch republican or a born-again Christian; you probably will not like this.  Overall, the ending is what saved this, because she gets her wake up call and finally, seriously finally, gets her act together.  There are some situations in this book, where I seriously thought…TMI…way too much information.  She really wasn't afraid to go there…like anywhere.

Sex Factor:  Yes, all of them are rather uncomfortable…not necessarily badly written…just weird and kind of gross.  She also has an unhealthy obsession with getting guys into a bathtub with her.