Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

--Below is my review for this book in paperback format, I just listened to this in Audio format, and it was phenomenal, a full cast of characters for narration sets this apart from most audiobooks, if you've been thinking of trying an audiobook...get this one.  The only downfall is it could spoil you for regular audiobooks.

Book Title:  Illuminae

Author:  Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

Series:  Illuminae Files #1

Genre:  Science Fiction, Deep Space, YA

Source:  Own on Paperback

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫My Picks For Book Theme Song♫♪

♫Here's to the Heartache by Nothing More  --It's spooky, it's like it was written to go with this book.♫  &

My Demons by Starset  --This is AIDAN'S song, for sure.  I believe that if they ever get around to making a movie for this, Starset could do the whole Soundtrack.♫

Ratings Breakdown

Flow:  4/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  5+++

Book Cover:  5/5

Ending:  5+++  Cliffhanger:  No, but you can tell it's not over yet…

Will I continue this series?  H*** Yes!!!

My Thoughts

If I explained this book in one word it would be:  Intense

Some other words would be…

Raw, Graphic, Gut-wrenching, Teeth-clenching, Nail-biting, Wonder, Awe, Interstellar, Lol, Fearful, Doubtful, Suspenseful, Thrilling, Movie-worthy, a-pain-in-the-ass-to-read-at-times, and ultimately Satisfying.

I read this in Paperback form, and I need to say, I really don't like reading actual books.  The print is too small for me see, even with my glasses on, unless I'm in direct sunlight.  I also had a kindle version from the library, that I read on whenever it was too dark for my paperback.  I'm glad I had both versions; it helped immensely.  For this book…you need to read it in hardcover or paperback.  Not all of the parts of it are easily read from a kindle.  This is so interesting that I'm contemplating using a Audible credit to buy the book in Audio version. Side-note--I did that

Sex Factor:  There is only talk of sexual situations, but this book is definitely older YA; because of the intensity of the graphicness.