End of Day (Jack & Jill Series Book 1) - Mrs Maxann Dobson, Jewel E. Ann

Author:  Jewel E Ann

Series:  Jack & Jill #1

Genre:  New Adult, Romantic Suspense

Source:  Kindle E-Book

"My my, someone's grumpy today.  Are you shedding the lining of you uterus?"  --Such an interesting and overly graphic way to ask if your having your period…

Ratings Breakdown

Flow:  4/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  3/5

Ending:   4/5. Cliffhanger:  This is a total cliffhanger, the kind with no closure. What. So. Ever.

Will I continue this series?  Yes, I'm intrigued enough to get the next two books.

4.3/5 STARS

My Thoughts

A unique, intricate, and well written start to a three book series about a brother and sister in hiding, from what? I'm not sure…it's only hinted at in this first book.

Jackson and Jillian Knight or actually Jude and Jessica Day are a smart, sexy and oh so snarky set of twins.  They are members of G.A.I.L. (Guardian Angels for Innocent Lives) and therefore they were experts in two areas:  combat and survival.  This excerpt from the beginning suggests that this story is more action than romance, but really there is more romance than action, that's not to suggest it's slow either.  The plot of this book is multifarious.

While I loathe series where the story is strung out over 3 or more books, I also am not a fan of overly long books either…so yeah…I probably shouldn't complain.  This first book centers on Jillian/Jessica and has a story within a story, one that will have your feelings all over the place.  It's a little dark, a little sad, and sometimes so laugh out loud amusing.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to read this...I think I just had a lot going on in my RL.

Sex Factor:  Scandalously sex-plicit…snarky, naughty, and inventive too.