Reliquary (Reliquary Series Book 1) - Sarah Fine

Book Title:  Reliquary

Author:  Sarah Fine

Series:  Reliquary #1

Genre:  Contemporary Romance, Fantasy

Source:  Kindle E-Book (Prime Borrow)

☆My Pick for Book Theme Song:  I've Got The Magic in Me by B.0.B.  --Well, she kind of does this thing with magic…

Ratings Breakdown

Flow:  3.5/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  4.2/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Ending:  3/5  Cliffhanger:  Not exactly, but hopefully she wises up for the next book, maybe grows a little more backbone…

Will I continue this series?  I have an arc of the second book…so I probably should.

3.5/5 STARS

My Thoughts

While I was reading this, I felt like something was off, and it was the same thing that was off for me in the Servants of the Fate Series by her too.  I think I prefer Sarah Fine's YA books over her adult ones.  With all that being said I did warm up to this book eventually.

I did struggle at first, the characters were a little cheesy for me, I couldn't really connect with them, they were lacking in depth.  It's possible that Asa is growing on me, though. The magic element was ultimately intriguing and saved me from quitting this all together.  Sarah Fine does not lack imagination.  The last third of the book wasn't bad, I actually became a little addicted, even.

Sex Factor:   While there's not much sex in this…it is rather sexual at times.   And just a little bit kinky.