This Savage Song - Victoria Schwab

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  5/5

Ending:  4.7/5. Cliffhanger: No

Will I continue this series?  A resounding yes…

4.8/5 STARS

My Thoughts

This is my first Victoria Schwab book and it is a uniquely written story that will have you hooked within a few minutes.  It has an enlivened sinister feel to it, with solid narration and a stellar cast of characters.  As long as your not looking for a romance, because it doesn't really have one, not yet, anyway.  It's not really necessary that it have a love connection for me.  This book is more about August and Maggie trusting each other, which is rather refreshing, actually.

I just have one einsy little complaint, I'm not sure if I missed it, but I don't understand how the monsters came to be.  Is there something in the air that just makes them come about?  Maybe it's still a mystery…something for the second book…but, if anyone can answer this for me, please do.  Well shit, I just reread the synopsis just now, and it says that violence creates the monsters. How utterly fascinating.  Maybe this does deserve a full 5 stars.  I cannot wait for the second book.  Shit, I really need to read her other series.

Sex Factor:  Zilch-O