Overruled (The Legal Briefs Series) - Emma Chase

Narration:  Jason Carpenter and Charlotte Penfield

Series:  The Legal Briefs Series #1

Genre:  Adult Contemporary, Romance

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

☆My Pick for Book Theme Song:  Kerosene by Miranda Lambert  --this is what Sophia should have done to Stanton…and Jenny too, for that matter.

Ratings Breakdown

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Narration:  5+/5

Ending:  4/5  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue this series?  I think so, the synopsis for Sustained sounds interesting and it has much better ratings.

3.2/5 STARS

My Thoughts

While her writing is amazing, I did have some major issues with this first installment of the Legal Briefs Series.  There are situations in this book that are difficult to believe they could ever happen in real life.  Nobody is that stupid…seriously, Stanton is a douche, who continually misses the red flags that are staring him in the face.  I didn't really care for him and Sophia could have stood up for herself a little more.  There are literally so many nuances of this story that can be picked apart.  All of which are completely spoiler-ish.

The narration in this book completely saved it for me, it was actually more than exceptional.  It's really the only reason I felt compelled to listen until the end.

Sex Factor:  Scorching hot sex, of course, Emma Chase knows how to write about sex.