The Surrendered (Surrendered Series Book 1) - Maynard Case

Genre:  YA, Dystopian, Love & Stuff

Publisher:  Blaze Publishing

Source:  I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin ft. Valora  --This book is rather awesome and Breaking Benjamin is REALLY awesome.   I'll be the one to save us all…♫

Ratings Breakdown

Flow:  5/5

Backdrop (World Building):  5/5

Originality:  4.5/5

Book Cover:  5+++

Ending:  5/5 Cliffhanger:  Not really, a satisfying ending for part 1.

Will I continue this series?  Yes!

5/5 STARS

My Thoughts

Dystopian YA is all the rage lately and there is soooo many of them out there these days.  You might be thinking this is just another stupid YA romance set in a world gone wrong.

This one is not necessarily unique, but there is so many reasons to love it.  One, there is no love triangle and the romance does not take over the story, it's just a part of the story.  Two, it's premise is something that you would believe could happen if the world fell apart and had to rebuild itself again.  In that respect, it has a kind of gritty Revolution (without all the supernatural stuff) feel to it.  If the show Revolution was more like Surrendered, maybe it'd still be on the air.  Three, is the amazing characters, of course.  They really make this story come alive.

Sex Factor:  There is mention of sex and pregnancy and a near rape, but it's all executed really well.