The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melinda Salisbury

Author:  Melinda Salisbury

Narration:  Amy Shiels

Series:  The Sin Eater's Daughter

Genre:  Fantasy, YA, Love & Stuff

Source:  Audiobook (Library via Overdrive)

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

♫  Bitter and Sick by One Two  --#1.  It's an amazing song…and #2.  It just has this feel to it that felt like the crazy world within.…it's actually from the show Reign, though.  (it's also on prime)♫

Ratings Breakdown

Originality:  3.5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  4/5

Ending:  Cliffhanger:

Will I continue this series?  I might...

3.5/5 STARS

My Thoughts

As long as you go into this knowing there is NO demons in this story, because for me Sin-Eating suggests demons, then you won't be completely disappointed.  I think it's more of an historical/medieval sort of fantasy-ish type of story, from way back, like, way WAY back, with some courtly like intrigue and freakish beliefs thrown into the mix.

While I had some issues with it, I don't really think it's a bad story.  There is a sort of love-triangle and it is paced a little slow at times.  I found my mind wandering while I was listening, only to realize I was probably missing something important to the story.  I'm fairly certain this happened quite a few times.

I apologize if I made the decision on whether or not you wanted to read this even harder to make.   Oh yeah, while it took me a couple hours into this to decide how I felt about the narrator, I did end up liking her and I feel this is one of those books that's made better on Audio.

Sex Factor:  Yes, there is sex…it's not explicit…in fact I was confused at first on whether it happened at all.