REAPER (Boston Underworld Book 2) - Ashleigh Zavarelli

Narration:  Tracy Marks

Series:  Boston Underworld #2

Genre:  New Adult, Mobsters

Publisher:  A. Zavarelli

Source:  Received audiobook via Audiobook Boom in exchange for an honest review.

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

♫  Close My Eyes Forever by Lita Ford ft. Ozzy Osbourne  --the words, the feel of this song it fits for Ronin and Sasha.♫

Ratings Breakdown

Backdrop (World Building):  5/5

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration: 5/5

Ending:  4.2/5  Cliffhanger:  Not at all.  There is a bit of a setup for the next book in the series.

Will I continue this series?  Yes

4.5/5 STARS

My Thoughts

To be honest I've only had the experience of audiobook with this series, and I already have the next one, titled Ghost, on audio too.  Tracy Marks does an exceptional job with the accents in this series, without going over the top and just making it so you can't understand what's being said.

All the players from Crow are back and the timeline for this is generally the same as the first book.  The dream/nightmare sequences with Ronin are intense and tortuous to say the least, but they help paint a picture of who the Reaper is.  For me, he makes this story worthwhile, despite not really liking mobster romance novels.  Ashleigh Zavarelli, has so far, done a good job of making me rethink how I feel about them.

Sex Factor:  Yes, very explicit…but somewhat unique because of Ronin's  circumstances.