Sleeping Giants - Sylvain Neuvel

Book Title:  Sleeping Giants

Author:  Sylvain Neuvel

Narration:  Andy Secombe, Eric Meyers, Laurel Lefkow, Charlie Anson, Liza Ross, William Hope, Christopher Ragland, Katharine Mangold & Adna Sablyich

Series:  Themis Files #1

Genre:  Science Fiction

Source:  Audiobook (Library via Overdrive)

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

I learned a new word in this book, even if I can't really pronounce it…AnthropomorphicAnthropomorphic is defined as the act of giving the characteristics of humans to other things.

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  5+/5

Ending:  4.5/5  Cliffhanger:  Yes, that shit was crazy…

Will I continue this series?  A resounding yes…

4.8/5 STARS

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This was phenomenal, I just couldn't stop listening to it.  I listened to most of it in one day.  It has a full cast of narrators and I have to say…wow!  Every person has their own voice…awesome-sauce!!!

This is written in an interesting way, sort of similar to The Illuminae Files format, but not as crazy.  It's all done in a series of interviews given by a man who remains nameless throughout the entire book.  He is…ugh…annoying, but essential to the story.

This book is not without it's flaws, but honestly I loved it anyway.  Character development suffers with it's unique format but it doesn't lack in sarcasm or intensity.  I was also lost as to what might be going on towards the end, or what they were alluding to.  There is a guy (who I pictured to look like George Carlin, because he sounded like him) who tells weird-ass stories, try to listen to them, because…I think…they have more meaning then they appear to.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ Yes, but not explicit.