Firelight (Darkest London) - Kristen Callihan

Book Title:  Firelight

Author:  Kristen Callihan

Series:  Darkest London

Genre:  Splash of Paranormal, Historical Romance

Source:  Kindle E-Book (Library)

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

♫  My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy  --This kids lyric video is phenomenal…and…for the light em up up up…I'm on fire…♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Theme:  4/5

Flow:  4.3/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4.5/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5 (for an alternate cover)

Ending:  4.3/5  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue this series?  I will continue this series because it looks like each book is about a different couple.  Which I really like.  The next two are about Miranda's sisters,  and they sound rather delicious.

4/5 STARS

⇝My Thoughts⇜

I have only read Kristen Callihan's more contemporary romances and I didn't know she could write so…thoroughly and ardently English-like.  From the very first line I could tell that this would be very different from her other works.  It's got this gritty, dark, and mysterious feel to it.  The name of the Series, Darkest London is actually a very apt name.

Despite how imaginative the world is, and the Beauty and the Beast feel to it, I was having trouble staying interested in this.  I think, it may have been me more than this book's fault.  I was just in a slump, and I didn't really feel invested in it until the at least the halfway mark.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ Mostly a lot of angst, but eventually, yeah, there is some explicit sex.