Pawn - Aimee Carter

Series:  The Blackcoat Rebellion #1

Genre:  YA, Dystopian

Source:  Own Audible Audiobook

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

♫  See Who I Am by Within Temptation  --Well, for a story about a girl who gets a surgical transformation to make her look like another girl, I think it is fitting.♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Originality:   3/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  4/5

Ending:  3.8/5  Cliffhanger:  sort of

Will I continue this series?  ???  It's always possible…

3.7/5 STARS

⇝My Thoughts⇜

Definition of PAWN

1. a chess piece of the smallest size and value. A pawn moves one square forward along its file if unobstructed (or two on the first move), or one square diagonally forward when making a capture. Each player begins with eight pawns on the second rank, and can promote a pawn to become any other piece (typically a queen) if it reaches the opponent's end of the board.
  2. a person used by others for their own purposes.

This Author is from Michigan, which I am also, so I really wanted to like this for that reason alone.  And, I will say I liked it, I just wasn't wowed by it. I feel if I had read this when it first came out, (before I read about 50 other dystopians, give or take a few) I would have loved it.

Overall, It's written well, the characters are mostly likeable.  There's a plethora of intrigue, secrets, lies and twists; some of which are only mentioned in this first book of the Blackcoat Rebellion Series.  And some, unfortunately, that left me feeling confused and disconnected.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ Not really a factor, but there is mention of it.