The Bourbon Thief - Tiffany Reisz

Author:  Tiffany Reisz

Narration:  Kim Staunton

Series:  Standalone

Genre:  Romance,

Source:  Audiobook (Library via hoopla & Overdrive)

✾Goodreads Synopsis✾

♫Remember Every Scar by Escape the Fate  --Sometimes I'm even able to find a lyric video that seems to fit the story, I think this one does…and the words kind of remind me of all the turmoil and scandalous sh*t going on this tale.  ♪♫Hold on to that heartbreak, hold on to that hell you have to pay, Sometimes it's the only thing that gets you by…♪♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  4/5

Ending:   4.5/5  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I read more from this Author?  I don't know…

3.8/5 STARS

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This could have been better, maybe, if I had read it…because I didn't really enjoy the narration.  Usually, an audiobooks narrator brings the story to life for you, with the different accents and inflections for each characters voice within the story.  This, however, was just a lady telling a story.  I should mention that it was probably done this way on purpose, I believe, anyway.  Because this is a story within a story.  Despite that, I still felt like I wanted more from the narration.

I can see why this has a lot of 5 star ratings, totally.  It will blow your mind.  Tamara is one resilient girl, that ultimately, I couldn't help but like.  There is a tiny splish (a smaller version of a splash) of the paranormal to this, that overall kicked it up a notch for me.  I like that sort of thing in a story.  But, unfortunately, it didn't kick it up enough to overcome the awkwardness of it.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ The first sex scene was really awkward.  So much so, that I never got past it.  Luckily, they're not overly explicit.