Prelude to Mayhem (Mayhem Wave Book 1) - Edward Aubry

Author:  Edward Aubry

Series:  Mayhem Wave #1

Genre:  Apocalypse, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

Publisher:  Curiosity Quills Press

Source:  I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫MY PICK FOR BOOK THEME SONG♫♪

♫ Radioactive by Imagine Dragons --ugh…this one was hard to find a song for…because it just has so much going on to pinpoint a song that felt right for it.♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Flow:  3/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Ending:  4/5  Cliffhanger:  Not exactly…

Will I continue this series?  I don't know, maybe.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This book is…in one word…crazy.

It's a mash-up of genres, that keeps you guessing.  From a apocalyptic pov, this was a really fantastic idea, the timelines converging thing was genius. Then with the fantasy/magic elements added, this has amazing potential.  The Author just needs to know when to say when on some things.  On one hand I found it inventive, on the other hand I found it almost outlandish.  I felt like, maybe, it was trying to hard to be everything, that it lost track of something.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any crazier, it proved me wrong; and did it over again and again.  From dinosaurs to demons, it seriously, had a little bit of everything.

While it seems many were a fan of the writing style, I just found it difficult to stay focused.  It was, at times, too jumbled and sporadic feeling.  I did adjust for the most part.  I just didn't get fully invested until about the halfway mark.  Seriously, though, there is a lot of unanswered questions that I have concerning this world and I hope they are answered if I continue this series.

⇝Sex Factor⇜For language it's definitely rated for adults, this has a swearing pixie after all...but for sex…there is none.