What We Saw - Aaron Hartzler

Book Title:  What We Saw

Author:  Aaron Hartzler

Series:  Stand Alone

Genre:  YA, Realistic Fiction

Source:  Kindle E-Book (Library)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫MY PICK FOR BOOK THEME SONG♫♪

♫This book could inspire all kinds of songs, one for each of the main characters, easily…I picked Secrets by One Republic because it gets at the heart of everything that went wrong in this small town…sometimes...secrets should be told.  Plus what I picked originally would have been awfully spoiler-ish.♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Backdrop (World Building): 5/5

Originality: 5/5

Book Cover: 5/5

Ending:  5/5  Cliffhanger: no

Will I read more from this Author?  Yes, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This was my final book I finished for the year 2016, and it's easily one of my favorites.  So out with a...

A compelling story, brilliantly written and based on a real life actual incident.  It left me wanting to read just a little more each time I had to stop reading, especially at work.

The story opens the day after the alleged raping of a girl at a party the night before; and it's told entirely from another girl's pov, Kate Weston.  Kate is just a girl the victim goes to school with; in a small town, where everyone knows everyone else.  It's told from this pov for a reason.  It shows you the lies and secrets that someone will keep just because of their fear of the repercussions.  And it shows how just one person who is brave enough to tell the truth, can change everything.  It's a shocking and enlightening take on a this heavy subject matter.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ Yeah, something like that.  It's somewhat graphic...but it's part of what makes this story so compelling.  It's real, and raw, and necessary to the story.