Rule - Jay Crownover

Genre:  New Adult, Contemporary

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫MY PICK FOR BOOK THEME SONG♫♪

Right Kind of Wrong by Leann Rimes♫  --The end of this audiobook recited a list of songs that would be the soundtrack, but I'm picking this one…because it kind of fits how Shaw thinks about Rule.  If only I liked this book as much as I like this song…

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Originality:  3/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Narration:  4.5/5

Ending:  3/5  Cliffhanger:  No

Will I continue this series?  Idk, I have all the books in this series on my wishlist on my library website.  So, maybe…the second book is about Jet and Aiden, and they might be interesting.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This could be a case of It's not you, it's me…and maybe, I'm just feeling burned out on this type of romance right now.

This was good, just not overly memorable in a sea of New Adult.  If I had read it a couple of years ago, I would probably given it 5 Stars.  The characters were super likable and it's low on angst, or maybe it had angst…and I just didn't connect with it?   I think that might be it.  Seriously just had an a-ha moment.  As for narration by Sophie Eastlake & Michael Rahhal…it was well done and I don't think I've ever heard them so they were fresh voices for me.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ I'm rather in a funk when it comes to sex scenes lately, whereas, I get really upset, if the book just has a lot of sex as plot filler.  This particular book tips the scales towards too much sex, but not excessively so.  They are mostly well written, though.