An English Bride in Scotland - Lynsay Sands

Author:  Lynsay Sands

Narration:  Mary Jean Wells

Series:  Highlanders #1

Genre:  Historical Romance, Scotland

Source:  Audiobook (via Hoopla)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫MY PICK FOR BOOK THEME SONG♫♪

Starving by Hailee Steinfeld & Grey ft. Zedd  --It's hard to find a song for a historical book…so I picked a modern one that has the right feel to how I picture Annabel to be, she is just so darn sweet.  She was going to be a nun after all, before she met and married Ross.♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Backdrop (World Building):  3/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Narration: 4/5

Ending:  4.5/5  Cliffhanger:  Not at all

Will I continue this series?  Mayhap, not…I actually read this to fulfill a square in a reading challenge, Romance Bingo.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

It's been awhile since I read a historical romance of this type, this is what I use to read exclusively when I first started reading.  One day I was bored and picked up the book my mom had been reading, and proceeded to read it one day.  Then the next day I read it again.  I was hooked.

This particular book was sweet and funny…but I felt like something was missing still.  I didn't get caught up in the feelings like I should have.  I think Ross and Annabelle just needed more interaction between the two of them, that didn't include sex.  They also mentioned her heaving bosom one too many times, or 12 or 20 too many.