Flat-Out Love - Jessica Park, Julia Whelan

Genre:  Contemporary Romance, YA/NA

Source:  Audible Audiobook

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫MY PICK FOR BOOK THEME SONG♫♪

You Learn by Alanis Morrissette  --I think Alanis has the right feel for Julie…something about her, anyway.  This story is all about what you learn…in a way, or many ways, actually. ♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Flow:  4/5

Backdrop (World Building):  5/5

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  5/5  (One of my fav narrators!)

Ending:  4.5/5  Cliffhanger:  Not at all

Will I continue this series?  Maybe…

⇝My Thoughts⇜

I figured out why or what they wouldn't tell her early on…I was unsure as to the how, though.  It seemed like a lot of work, just to keep someone in the dark about what was really going on, and for an entire school year, crazy.  A little too crazy to be believable…and yet, the ending really did get to me, and ultimately made this worth the read.

The quirky characters were all very likable, I also enjoyed the facebook updates throughout…they were engaging.  I need to update like that.  The more I got to know Matt as a character, the more I couldn't help loving him.  Celeste was rather marvelous herself.  Finn seems too good too be true.  Dana is amazing, exactly the kind of friend everyone needs in their life.  And Julie…I mean, I liked her…she's quirky, tenacious, and a little too gullible.   But…there is something about her that wouldn't let me like her as much as  the other characters.

⇝Sex Factor⇜  This is a squeaky clean kind of romance.

Disclaimer:  I found out after I finished reading this book, that this particular Author is known to have behaved badly in regards to reviews on their books.  While this makes me upset, I still gave my honest opinion about this book.  Ultimately, I'm not going to trash a book just because I disagree with a Author's behavior.