Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson

Genre:  YA, Fairytale Retelling,

Source:  Own Kindle E-Book

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫MY PICK FOR BOOK THEME SONG♫♪

Lost Boy by Ruth B  --Could there be any other song than this one…maybe so, because there is no mention of Tiger Lily in this song, but it's got the right feel (Sadly, I think it's because of the slowness of the song).

♫Then one night, as I closed my eyes,

I saw a shadow flying high

He came to me with the sweetest smile

Told me he wanted to talk for awhile

He said, "Peter Pan. That's what they call me.

I promise that you'll never be lonely."

And ever since that day...♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Ending:  3/5 Cliffhanger:  No

Will I read more from this Author?  Probably not.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

This book suffers from too many words…the prose; while sometimes seriously beautiful…it ultimately just slows me down when reading, because I can't comprehend things being written without thinking about it for a beat.  An example of this beautiful writing is this paragraph…

At dusk in Neverland, as with anywhere else, all the colors begin to fade one by one before night comes.  The last color to disappear is green, and in those moments between dusk and darkness, it stands out brightly for lack of all the other colors, and almost glows.

There is no denying it, it reads sort of like poetry or almost like Shakespeare, I never could really get into that either.  For me, personally it just ruins the plot and even the characters too.  Ultimately, the book as a whole suffers…but if this is your kind of writing than it could easily be a 5 star read for you.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ While elements of are hinted at…there is no actual sexual acts.