Front Lines - Michael Grant

Genre:  WW II, Alternate History, Older YA

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪

♫I researched many songs of the 40's that were popular during WWII and I felt my theme song should be by a women and also have the right sound for the times and I narrowed it down to this song…I'll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday --It has the right tone and even if I couldn't find just the right lyric video (for some reason I prefer those, I really wish I was capable of making my own) it fits the best.♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration: 3.5 /5

Ending:  3.5/5  Cliffhanger:  sort of…

Will I continue this series?  Ummm…maybe.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

An interesting, albeit long, (a little too long and slow at times) sometimes poignant, sometimes sad, and at other times triumphant look on what it would have been like if females were allowed in combat situations in World War II.  As fair warning; there are some graphic depictions in this…it is A war, afterall.

Told in three different pov's throughout the book, with the possibility of a fourth, (I think that's the role of the second female narrator, whose identity is never actually revealed).  Each girl is unique and compelling in her own way, and would have been more outstanding if each girl had her own narrator.  Otherwise, the narration was mostly well done.

⇝Sex Factor⇜ No actual explicit sex, this is kept fairly clean in that respect.  There's actually not a lot of romance in this, but there is a little.