Moonglow - Kristen Callihan

Book Title:  Moonglow

Author:  Kristen Callihan

Series:  Darkest London #2

Genre:  Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Source:  Kindle E-book (Library)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪

Wolf Bite by Owl City --It's for Ian, he's just a Lycan trying to find his way…♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Flow:  2/5

Backdrop (World Building):  3/5

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Ending:  4/5  Cliffhanger:  The last couple of lines of the book more or less set up the next book in the series.

Will I continue this series?  That's a good question…I'm not sure of the answer.  Time will tell.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

If you find a paranormal/victorian era London with some uniquely interesting twists on the supernatural; your kind of jam, then the Darkest London series is probably perfect for you.

For me, I'm having a difficult time pinpointing what it is about this series that makes me struggle with connecting with the story.  I've thought about it, and the best I can come up with; is it's tendency to be too accurate for the time period.  Which, actually shouldn't really be a bad thing…I know.  And yet still, I struggle with getting through this, same as the first book in the series.  Anyway, eventually, about half-way, the action and the plot thickens and I was easily more engaged.

Overall, I wanted to like this more than I did…and I tried like hell to do so.  I will say, this 2nd book was better than the first, much more paranormal-ish than Firelight, was.  The ending is very unique, also.  I'm thinking, maybe, I should just stick with her more contemporary books.

⇝Sex Factor⇜  The sex is explicit, but good.  Other than this author's tendency to call certain body parts by a particular word that just annoys me…but, maybe, that's just me.  At least she doesn't have overly long drawn out sex scenes as plot filler.