Wink Poppy Midnight - Alicyn Packard, April Genevieve Tucholke, Caitlin Davies, Michael Crouch

Book Title:  Wink Poppy Midnight

Author:  April Genevieve Tucholke

Narration:  Michael Crouch, Alicyn Packard & Caitlin Davies

Series:  Stand-Alone

Genre:  YA, Mystery, Magical Realism

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪

Foolin' by Def Leppard  --Since Poppy is my favorite character...this song is for her.  She is an evil bitch…but at least she admits it…

♫Lady luck never smiles

So lend your love to me awhile

Do with me what you will

Break the spell take your fill

On and on we rode the storm

The flame has died and the fire has gone

Oh, this empty bed is a night alone

I realized that long ago♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Theme:  2/5

Flow:  3.5/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4/5

Originality:  4/5

Book Cover:  5/5 The best thing about this book!

Narration:   4/5

Ending:  2/5  Cliffhanger: No, but it feels like something is unresolved.

Will I read more from this Author?  Maybe not...

⇝My Thoughts⇜

Going into this, I knew it would be an odd story, but I thought what the hell…I figured at least, if nothing else, it's a short story.  At least the audio version is at just over 5 hours.

Poppy was by the far the most gratifying character, the sort you love to hate.  Like Regina George in Mean Girls.  Wink was a close second for reasons I'll not say…and Midnight…Well, I love his name, especially his answer to how he received the name.  So, he was the least memorable character and his pov is the prevailing one...enough said.  In the end, it was the shortness of this that killed it for me, and the fact, that overall it didn't surprise me with where it went.

⇝Sex Factor⇜  There is a ton of sex going on…it's not really explicit (thank goodness) minor sex that's explicit is just uncomfortable…I mean…eww.  This got some points knocked off for it's blatant promiscuity and no mention of birth control or anything.