Waking Gods: Book 2 of The Themis Files - Sylvain Neuvel

Author:  Sylvain Neuvel

Series:  The Themis Files #2

Genre:  Science Fiction, Fantasy

Publisher:  Del Ray

SourceI received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

⇝Add to Goodreads⇜

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪

It Has Begun by Starset  --If a book or series has anything to do with outer space, aliens, or just persevering…than Starset wrote the soundtrack for it.  This lyric video is awesome…like Themis herself is stomping around.♫

⇝Ratings Breakdown⇜

Flow:  5/5

Backdrop (World Building):  5/5

Originality:  5+/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Ending:  5/5  Cliffhanger:  …you could say that.

Will I continue this series?  Umm…YEAH!  This is a must read series for anyone, at least I think so.

⇝My Thoughts⇜

I wished for this on Netgalley, right after I did that; I thought I really would rather listen to this on Audio.  Since I listened to the first book in the series, Sleeping Giants, on Audio and it was one of the best audiobooks ever.  I figured I wouldn't actually win the chance to read this one, and I was okay with that…guess what…I won.  I never win anything.

I missed the full cast of characters giving each person their own voice, but I still was freaking totally engaged in this story.  It Rocks!  I'm fairly certain I will still have to listen to this on Audio, maybe, right before the 3rd book comes out.  Overall, I'm not disappointed I won this and had the opportunity to read this before it releases in April 2017.

There is some buzz out there about Sony Pictures adapting this series to film.  I really hope it happens, because it will rock as a movie series.  I also fervently hope they make it everything that it can be…

If you click the pic above it will link to the source of the movie info.