The Weight of Lies - Clara Emily Carpenter

Setting:  Bonny Island, NC

Source:   I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Add to Goodreads

Book Theme Song

(link will take you to my tumblr post with video)

Lies of the Beautiful People by Sixx: A.M.  --Mysteries can be difficult to find the perfect song for, because I don't want to give away anything…so you have to work with what's on the surface, and this song fits with that really well…and with the book in general…it's funny, for over half the book, I didn't think this book was aptly named, but it turns out it really, really is.

♫Save yourself from all the lies of the beautiful people
It's time to run from the lies of the beautiful people♫

⇝OVERALL RATING⇜

4.8/5 STARS

A

My Thoughts

For the first couple chapters I felt like this would be something I wouldn't be able to get into…I soon realized that wasn't to be the case.  The sinister atmosphere, the beautiful backdrop of the island and the ultimately the lies, oh the lies…This book had me like…

This book has a little bit of everything…a splash of romance, mystery, lies, betrayal, poisoning, and even a bit of the fantastical.   It also has a book within a book, but that may be why I had the small deduction in stars.  --Before each new chapter there is a small excerpt from Meg's Mother's book (KITTEN), which seems like it would be a bonus…the only problem was they really confused me.  Although, as the book progresses they did become less confusing and more intriguing.

Ratings Breakdown