Dragon Teeth - Michael Crichton

Setting:  Old West, Late 1800's

Source:  Audiobook (Library)

Add to Goodreads

Book Theme Song

(this link will take you to my tumblr post with video)

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi  --This lyric video with it's majestic backdrop is the biggest reason I picked this song…but the lyrics are not too far off either.  Especially since Johnson is thought to be dead by many and even put in jail on a couple of occasions…I think.♫

⇝OVERALL RATING⇜

4 STARS

B+

My Thoughts

If you're looking for a book that might be considered a prequel to Jurassic Park, than, yeah, this isn't that.  This is a western.  A western that's interspersed with actual history mixed with some fictional history.   With a sprinkling of how paleontology came to be.

Based on actual early paleontologists Edwin Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh, the story itself centers on a fictional guy named William Johnson.  There's also appearances by some famous dudes too, like Wyatt Earp and his brother Morgan.  With a backdrop of such iconic western towns like Cheyenne, Laramie, Deadwood,  and even The Badlands; I could not find myself disappointed in Dragon Teeth.

Ratings Breakdown

Backdrop (World Building):  4.2/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  4/5

Ending:  4/5 Cliffhanger:  Nope!

Will I read more from this Author?  Who am I kidding, if they unearth something else…I probably will.