A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

Narration:  Jennifer Ikeda

Series:  A Court of Thorns and Roses #1

Genre:  High Fantasy, Fae, Romance

Setting:  Prythian Spring Court, Land of Fae

Source:  Audiobook (RB Digital)

Add to Goodreads

Book Theme Song

(this link will take you to my tumblr post with video)

Preserved Roses by Blackbriar  --If you've read ACOTAR then watch it…and you will see…if not…then still watch it, because it has the right feel. ♫

My Thoughts

I need to have a clear head when I start a fantasy series, to really be able to immerse myself within it.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that while listening to this.  I just had too much on my mind.  That being said, I feel like this has the makings of  a 5 star read (even the narration was awesomely done) as evidenced by all the 5 star ratings out there for ACOTAR.    If I could change one thing about this it would be to make it a little shorter in length.  Long books always seem so daunting to me, that I go into them feeling less than excited as it is.

Essentially, ACOTAR is highly imaginative start to what might be a very appealing series.  The Beauty and the Beast aspect is only a backdrop to the story overall, because it really is so much deeper than that.

Ratings Breakdown

Backdrop (World Building):  4.3/5

Originality:  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  5/5

Ending:  5/5  Cliffhanger:  to be continued…

Total:  4.3/5

Will I continue this series?  Yes, and hopefully I'm able to fully immerse myself in it when I do.