The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet - Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude

Book Title:  The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet

Flow (Writing Style):  3.8/5

Backdrop (World Building):  5/5

Book Cover:  5/5

Narration:  4/5

Ending:  4.5/5 Cliffhanger:  Not so much…

Steam Factor: 0-5:  3

Total:  4.3/5 STARS - GRADE=A-

I would call this a fun, laugh out loud kind of Space Opera.  A character-driven story with fantastically sapient-diverse characters, which is why I was reminded of Guardians of the Galaxy.  With similar character descriptions and the life-affirming sentiments found in Avatar. Yes, there's swearing and sexual situations aplenty.  Which really just added to the quirkiness of this story.

My only issue may be with the narration because sometimes I was lost in regards to who the characters were and what was going on.  I think it may have been due to there not being a significant silence between scenes.  I'm certain there were whole scenes that I missed out on because I was just…lost.  I didn't always know whose head I was in, either.  It would have been beneficial to have a full-cast narration to differentiate the characters.  I believe it would have a made a huge difference.  Despite this, I still feel Rachel Dulude did a decent narration.

Will I continue this seriesYa know, I didn't know this at first, but the next two books are considered stand-alone just set in the same Universe…so yeah, I’m totally going to read (or listen to) them too.