In a Perfect World - Trish Doller

Book Title:  In A Perfect World

Author:  Trish Dollar

Genre:  YA | Realistic Fiction

Setting:  Cairo, Africa

Source:  Kindle eBook (Library)

Add to Goodreads

Theme or Tone:  4.3/5

Flow (Writing Style):  3.5/5

Backdrop (World Building):  4.5/5

Originality:  4.5/5

Book Cover:  5+ Beautiful!

Ending:  4.5/5 Cliffhanger:  Nope.

Steam Factor 0-5:  1.5

Total:  3.7/5 STARS - GRADE=B

This is a book that deals with some controversial subjects, that I feel, ultimately has its heart in the right place.  The MC, in the beginning, comes off as very immature and offensive with some of the comments she has about Muslim women.  But…I think it was done this way by the author for a purpose, so you could see her learn and relate and even grow as a person.  Which she does do, and she becomes a better person by the end.

My only issue with this, was mainly just that it was slow; not much happens that excited me.  Mostly, just sightseeing and eating different kinds of food.  Then at about 85% mark something does happen, and yeah, you could totally see it coming…and then we're rushed into an ending and an epilogue…all very quickly done.  I did really like the Cedar Point references, (MC is from Sandusky, Ohio) because I do love Cedar Point.

Will I read more from this Author?  Yes, I would; I only ever read one other book by Trish Doller (Something Like Normal) and I really liked that one.