Shattered Minds - Laura Lam

Book Title:  Shattered Minds

Author:  Laura Lam

Series:  Pacifica #2

Genre:  Science Fiction | Thriller

Setting:  A Futuristic Los Angeles, CA (Pacifica)

Source:  Kindle eBook (Library)

Plot:  4.3/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Ending:  4.3/5  Cliffhanger:  Nope, but

Steam Factor 0-5:  3

Total: 4.2/5 STARS - GRADE=B+

The world of Shattered Minds and False Hearts is Pacifica. This place is a fantastically imaginative futuristic world, I found it easily imagined and was engulfed in its seedy underbelly, it is a drug-induced, dream-freaky hell-of-a-ride.

While still an interesting read, sadly, I didn't like this quite as much as the first book, False Hearts.  I think because I listened to that on Audio, as opposed to reading this, it was off-putting to me because it lacked a proofreader (I could totally do this, btw).  I'm thinking, maybe I didn't notice the errors in the prior book because someone read it to me (a fan-freakin-tastic narrator…January Lavoy).  I also felt it lacked character development.  I didn't really like Carina all that much.

If I've peaked your interest you should see Laura Lam's "Review" for Shattered Minds It's like her own synopsis for this book and it's filled with some really cool images, including this one...

Will I continue this series?⇜  If she writes more, than...yeah.  This world is so intriguing, after all.  I would prefer audiobooks, though…