Good Me Bad Me - Ali Land

Good Me Bad Me is dark, compelling, voice-driven psychological suspense by debut author Ali Land.

How far does the apple really fall from the tree?

Milly's mother is a serial killer. Though Milly loves her mother, the only way to make her stop is to turn her into the police. Milly is given a fresh start: a new identity, a home with an affluent foster family, and a spot at an exclusive private school.

But Milly has secrets, and life at her new home becomes complicated. As her mother's trial looms, with Milly as the star witness, Milly starts to wonder how much of her is nature, how much of her is nurture, and whether she is doomed to turn out like her mother after all.

When tensions rise and Milly feels trapped by her shiny new life, she has to decide: Will she be good? Or is she bad? She is, after all, her mother's daughter.

Lately, I've been reading genres of books that are out of my comfort zone.  This may have been too far out, though. Because ultimately, I was disturbed and saddened by this story, and I wish I'd never listened to this one at all.

If you like to be inside the head of someone who has been abused mentally and psychically and see all their dark twistiness that comes from that, then the inside of Annie/Millie's head might be a welcome place for you.  It's just not for me, though.

2.5/5 STARS - GRADE=D+

Addictiveness~ 2.5/5

Theme or Tone~ 2/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 3.8/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 3/5

Ending~ 2/5  Cliffhanger~  Not really.

Book Cover~ It's kind of compelling, I wished that it had warned me away, though…

Narration~ by Imogen Church was fairly well done.  She definitely had the creep factor going…

Setting~ London, England