White Bodies: An Addictive Psychological Thriller - Jane Robins

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chilling psychological suspense novel--think Strangers on a Train for the modern age--explores the dark side of love and the unbreakable ties that bind two sisters together.

Felix and Tilda seem like the perfect couple: young and in love, a financier, and a beautiful up-and-coming starlet. But behind their flawless facade, not everything is as it seems.

Callie, Tilda's unassuming twin, has watched her sister visibly shrink under Felix's domineering love. She has looked on silently as Tilda stopped working, nearly stopped eating, and turned into a neat freak, with mugs wrapped in Saran Wrap and suspicious syringes hidden in the bathroom trash. She knows about Felix's uncontrollable rages and has seen the bruises on the white skin of her sister's arms.

Worried about the psychological hold that Felix seems to have over Tilda, Callie joins an Internet support group for victims of abuse and their friends. However, things spiral out of control and she starts to doubt her own judgment when one of her new acquaintances is killed by an abusive man. And then suddenly Felix dies--or was he murdered?

A page-turning work of suspense that announces a stunning new voice in fiction, White Bodies will change the way you think about obsession, love, and the violence we inflict on one another--and ourselves.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something about White Bodies just rubbed me the wrong way, maybe it's the narrator's voice/accent that got to me or the strangely weird thing that the MC did with her sister's hair, teeth, and other personal items (it's freakishly weird) or most likely it was both of those.  I just couldn't care about these characters or what befell them.  That twist at the end, was deviously clever, though.  It was the knowledge that there was going to be a serious twist at the end that kept me listening because I really wanted to DNF this.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Addictiveness~ 2/5

Theme or Tone~ 2/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 3/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 3/5

Ending~ 3.2/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ Meh…not overly compelling.

Narration~ done by Camilla Arfwedson…My Grade=C-