Forever Right Now - Emma Scott

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

Forever Right Now

Emma Scott

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darlene Montgomery has been to hell and back…more than once. After a stint in jail for drug possession, she is finally clean and ready to start over. Yet another failed relationship is just the motivation she needs to move from New York to San Francisco with the hopes of resurrecting her dance career and discovering that she is more than the sum of her rap sheet. As Darlene struggles in her new city, the last thing she wants is to become entangled with her handsome—but cranky—neighbor and his adorable little girl...

Sawyer Haas is weeks away from finishing law school, but exhaustion, dwindling finances, and the pressure to provide for himself and his daughter, Olivia, are wearing him down. A federal clerkship--a job he desperately needs--awaits him after graduation, but only if he passes the Bar Exam. Sawyer doesn’t have the time or patience for the capricious—if beautiful—dancer who moves into the apartment above his. But Darlene’s easy laugh and cheerful spirit seep into the cracks of his hardened heart, and slowly break down the walls he’s resurrected to keep from being betrayed ever again.

When the parents of Olivia’s absentee mother come to fight for custody, Sawyer could lose everything. To have any chance at happiness, he must trust Darlene, the woman who has somehow found her way past his brittle barbs, and Darlene must decide how much of her own bruised heart she is willing to give to Sawyer and Olivia, especially when the ghosts of her troubled past refuse to stay buried.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second Emma Scott book and I think I've found a New Adult Author that I love.  Her stories are genuine and heartfelt, with no over-the-top drama.  Her characters are the same.  I can't help but advocate for them.  The feels that she invokes for me are indelible, and the best part about her books, no gratuitous sex scenes.

"You get back what you put in.  Negative shit gets you negative shit.  Positive energy begets positive energy.  Whatever you put out there in the universe...it listens.  And then it answers.  So when I talk, I try to give it something it wants to hear and hope it answers with something I want to hear."

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Addictiveness~ 5/5

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4.3/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Ending~ 5/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~  It's okay…it goes with the story well.

Series~ A stand-alone but Darlene's Character is a secondary character in The Butterfly Project.

Setting~ San Francisco, California

Source~ Own on Kindle eBook.