Only Human - Sylvain Neuvel

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

Only Human

Sylvain Neuvel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In her childhood, Rose Franklin accidentally discovered a giant metal hand buried beneath the ground outside Deadwood, South Dakota. As an adult, Dr. Rose Franklin led the team that uncovered the rest of the body parts which together form Themis: a powerful robot of mysterious alien origin. She, along with linguist Vincent, pilot Kara, and the unnamed Interviewer, protected the Earth from geopolitical conflict and alien invasion alike. Now, after nearly ten years on another world, Rose returns to find her old alliances forfeit and the planet in shambles. And she must pick up the pieces of the Earth Defense Corps as her own friends turn against each other.

~MY REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you love audiobooks, then this amazing series is a must listen.  I know...I did read this. And, I only did so because I was preapproved for an ARC, and I couldn't wait until the release date to find out how this all ended.  I will be listening on Audio, once it is released.

I am sure that once I listen to this on Audio, my rating will be a full 5-STARS.  My .3 deduction is because in book format; it's really difficult to follow the conversations because of the format it's written in.  Every chapter is a transcript between two or more people (with a few journal entries thrown in every so often).  And I seriously could never keep it straight.  Luckily, I didn't really need to all the time, to get the full effect of the story.  Also, it will be irrelevant since Sleeping Giants and Waking Gods has had a full-cast narration, therefore, I am confident that Only Human will also have a full-cast narration.  And in case you didn't know...full-cast narration rocks!

If you've been searching for your next thought-provoking, easily-digestible Science Fiction series to start on.  The Themis Files really has it all...

From the intense action to the meaning of life, and everything in between; it has it all.  Plus...it has giant robots…that are hopefully coming to the big screen, soon.

Only Human comes out soon, and that's the last edition of this trilogy...so what are you waiting for?!?

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Originality~ 5+/5

Ending~ 5/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

Book Cover~ Amazing, all three of them are amazing

Series~ Themis Files #3

Publisher~ Random House - Ballentine

Setting~ Earth and Esat Ekt

Source~  I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.