The Vanishing Girl - Laura Thalassa

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

The Vanishing Girl

Laura Thalassa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every night after Ember Pierce falls asleep, she disappears. She can teleport anywhere in the world—London, Paris, her crush’s bedroom—wherever her dreams lead her. Ten minutes is all she gets, and once time’s up, she returns to her bed. It's a secret she’s successfully kept for the last five years. But now someone knows.

A week after her eighteenth birthday, when frustratingly handsome Caden Hawthorne captures her, delivers her to the government, and then disappears before her eyes, Ember realizes two things: One, she is not alone. And two, people like her—teleporters—are being used as weapons.

Dragged off to a remote facility where others like her live, Ember’s forced to pair up with her former captor, Caden, to learn how to survive inside until she can escape. Only Caden’s making escape seem less and less appealing.

But even as Ember falls for the boy who got her into this mess, she knows that she is running out of time. Because the government has plans for those like her, and those plans might just cost Ember her life.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could go on and on about all the things I didn't like about this, and there's quite a few.  There are also quite a few reviews on Goodreads that explain it all very well.

I just want to say that this had the potential to be not only unique but also completely engaging.  Unfortunately, it was spoiled by hella-insta-love with a side of love-triangle…plus a little jealous-b*tch thrown in.  I also thought this was going to go in the direction of a supernatural vein, maybe, because her other books are usually that genre but this was something completely different and regrettably, it wasn't always explained in a believable manner.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 3/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 3/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 2/5

Originality~ 4/5

Ending~ 2.8/5 Cliffhanger~ Yes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's kind of pretty…

Narration~ Rachel Vivette ☆3.5☆-not my favorite…not my least favorite.

Series~ The Vanishing Girl #1

Setting~ I'm not really sure…

Source~ Audi0book (Scribd)