End of Days - Susan Ee, Caitlin Davies

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

End of Days

Susan Ee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

Re/read on Audio:

I gave this 5+ stars back when I read this in 2015, with my reread on Audio, I'm lowering that rating, but only slightly.  I realized with this re-listen that maybe I didn't enjoy this quite as much as I thought.  I think it was due to the slight awkwardness of the romance-y content.  Maybe, that kind of smexy stuff isn't something Ms. Ee excels at...I still adore that ending, though.  "Penryn and the End of Days" is still, and always will be, one of my all-time fav series!!!

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4.8/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 5+/5 Cliffhanger~ Not really…

Book Cover~ Love it!