Pines - Blake Crouch

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

Pines

Blake Crouch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secret service agent Ethan Burke arrives in Wayward Pines, Idaho, with a clear mission: locate and recover two federal agents who went missing in the bucolic town one month earlier. But within minutes of his arrival, Ethan is involved in a violent accident. He comes to in a hospital, with no ID, no cell phone, and no briefcase. The medical staff seems friendly enough, but something feels…off. As the days pass, Ethan’s investigation into the disappearance of his colleagues turns up more questions than answers. Why can’t he get any phone calls through to his wife and son in the outside world? Why doesn’t anyone believe he is who he says he is? And what is the purpose of the electrified fences surrounding the town? Are they meant to keep the residents in? Or something else out? Each step closer to the truth takes Ethan further from the world he thought he knew, from the man he thought he was until he must face a horrifying fact—he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I had no clue where this was going when I started it, and that’s the best way to go into this, I'm thinking.  If it's at all possible to do, what with the TV show and all.  I don't have cable, only Netflix, Hulu, and Prime, so no problem for me, there. This will suck you in and have you frantically trying to figure it out.

I should probably admit that they were some explanations near the end of the story that kind of, totally, lost me…my solution…was to start watching the show (it's on Hulu).  The only problem is so far the show has a lot of differences and I'm only on the second episode.  So, I don't know how or if it's going to clear up my confusion.  But we'll see.  I also, immediately added narration (only $1.99) to the last two books of the series, that I already bought on sale previously.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4.3/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.2/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 4.3/5  Cliffhanger~ Just a "to be continued…"

Book Cover~ It's Cool