The Butterfly Garden - Dot Hutchison

~ABOUT THE BOOK~

The Butterfly Garden

Dot Hutchinson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Near an isolated mansion lies a beautiful garden.

In this garden grow luscious flowers, shady trees…and a collection of precious “butterflies”—young women who have been kidnapped and intricately tattooed to resemble their namesakes. Overseeing it all is the Gardener, a brutal, twisted man obsessed with capturing and preserving his lovely specimens.

When the garden is discovered, a survivor is brought in for questioning. FBI agents Victor Hanoverian and Brandon Eddison are tasked with piecing together one of the most stomach-churning cases of their careers. But the girl, known only as Maya, proves to be a puzzle herself.

As her story twists and turns, slowly shedding light on life in the Butterfly Garden, Maya reveals old grudges, new saviors, and horrific tales of a man who’d go to any length to hold beauty captive. But the more she shares, the more the agents have to wonder what she’s still hiding…

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hesitated to read this because the subject manner was the sort that I have a difficult time reading…then I saw a review that said it was disturbing but not graphically so…and I thought, maybe I can get through this.  Since Amazon basically gave (I paid $1.99) me a KU membership for the next 3 months, I went for it.

The Butterfly Garden is seriously twisted but something about it kept me from investing in the story completely.  I honestly think that was due to the wide-ranging reviews on this book. I think they jaded me right from the start.  I'm not going to get into the details of that because I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone else.  Although, I will say that the twist at the end felt entirely unnecessary to me and it really just left me confused.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4/5

Originality~ 4.5/5

Ending~ 2.5/5 Cliffhanger~ Sorta…

Book Cover~ It's decent

Narration~ 5 -Lauren Ezzo was amazingly good & 4☆ -Mel Foster was decent too.

Series~ The Collector #1