LIFEL1K3 - Jay Kristoff

~BOOK BLURB~

Lifel1k3

Jay Kristoff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a floating junkyard beneath a radiation sky, a deadly secret lies buried in the scrap.

Eve isn’t looking for secrets—she’s too busy looking over her shoulder. The robot gladiator she’s just spent six months building has been reduced to a smoking wreck, and the only thing keeping her Grandpa from the grave was the fistful of credits she just lost to the bookies. To top it off, she’s discovered she can destroy electronics with the power of her mind, and the puritanical Brotherhood are building a coffin her size. If she’s ever had a worse day, Eve can’t remember it.

But when Eve discovers the ruins of an android boy named Ezekiel in the scrap pile she calls home, her entire world comes crashing down. With her best friend Lemon Fresh and her robotic conscience, Cricket, in tow, she and Ezekiel will trek across deserts of irradiated glass, infiltrate towering megacities and scour the graveyard of humanity’s greatest folly to save the ones Eve loves, and learn the dark secrets of her past.

Even if those secrets were better off staying buried.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I loved this!!! Thank you, to whoever decided I was worthy of an ARC of this. I seriously wondered if I would like something by Jay Kristoff without Amie Kaufman involved…but, I totally did.

I was thrown off by the dialogue, for the first few chapters, which I would say is somewhere between Dust Lands Series and the Illuminae Files.  The world in this is fantastic, fleshed out perfectly, with just the right amount of world building.  The pacing is intense.  The action is top-notch, non-stop and depicted in a way that's easily followed.  The characters are possibly my new favorites. The twists at the end were unexpected and I can't wait for book #2.  Oh, and I'm for sure doing a re-read/listen on Audio of this before that second book comes out.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4.3/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5+/5

Originality~ 5/5

Ending~ 5/5 Cliffhanger~ Yes…a "to be continued"

Book Cover~ Awesome

Publisher~ Random House Children's, Knopf Books for Young Readers

Series~ Lifelike #1

Setting~ Yousay (California)

Source~  I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.