Honor Among Thieves - Ann Aguirre, Rachel Caine, Adam Lazerre-White, Adenrele Ojo

~BOOK BLURB~

Honor Among Thieves

Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Petty criminal Zara Cole has a painful past that’s made her stronger than most, which is why she chose life in New Detroit instead of moving with her family to Mars. In her eyes, living inside a dome isn’t much better than a prison cell.

Still, when Zara commits a crime that has her running scared, jail might be exactly where she’s headed. Instead, Zara is recruited into the Honors, an elite team of humans selected by the Leviathan—a race of sentient alien ships—to explore the outer reaches of the universe as their passengers.

Zara seizes the chance to flee Earth’s dangers, but when she meets Nadim, the alien ship she’s assigned, Zara starts to feel at home for the first time. But nothing could have prepared her for the dark, ominous truths that lurk behind the alluring glitter of starlight.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full disclosure:  In the beginning, I was totally into this but once she (Zara) started "bonding" with the spaceship (Alien Life-form), I became more interested in winning the games of Free-Cell I was playing (while listening to audio) than in actually comprehending what was going on in this story.  The "bonding" threw me off, it was like an odd sexual experience reminiscent of the 80's movie Cocoon

Freaky!

From there, I'm not fully sure what went on in this…I believe there was a lot of action and more freaky bonding.  I just didn't connect with this, but clearly, there are many who have.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 2/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4/5

Originality~ 4/5

Ending~ 3/5 Cliffhanger~ ???

Book Cover~ It's decent

Narration~4  -Adenrele Ojo…she was little too soothing. 3.7 -Adam Lazarre-White…was a little too easy to tune out.

Series~ The Honors #1