To Kill a Kingdom - Alexandra Christo

~BOOK BLURB~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most--a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen and or remain a human forever.

The ocean is the only place Prince Elian calls home, even though he is heir to the most powerful kingdom in the world. Hunting sirens are more than an unsavory hobby--it’s his calling. When he rescues a drowning woman in the ocean, she’s more than what she appears. She promises to help him find the key to destroying all of the siren kind for good--But can he trust her? And just how many deals will Elian have to barter to eliminate mankind’s greatest enemy?

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A darkish Little Mermaid retelling…what more do you need to say?

Narration for this was spot-on.  Stephanie Willis sultry voice was fantastic and she evoked the darkness that is Lira beautifully so.   I absolutely loved her POV.  Jacob York is satisfactory for the level-headed Elian.  My only issue is I wasn't always able to stay in this while listening.  I think it was mostly during Elian's POV…I easily forgot that I was supposed to be paying attention. (((This may have been influenced by my free-cell addiction)))

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Originality~ 4/5

Ending~ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

Book Cover~ Fabulous

Narration~ 5☆ -Stephanie Willis & Jacob York were both fantastic.

Setting~ Sea Kingdom of Keto